At Betn1 we believe in providing a safe, secure and protected environment for online entertainment. Helping to ensure the safety of all our players is an integral and vital part of our customer care policy. We exclude minors from playing on the site and follow a robust process for customer self-exclusion.
Playing games in our protected environment should be an exciting and pleasurable experience, for adults. We want customers to enjoy every part of the Betn1 experience, and advise them to stay within a budget and play wisely. We aim to actively manage problem gambling by spotting the patterns as early as we can and actively promoting the services of organizations such as Gamcare and Gamblers Anonymous both on our website and directly to players where we suspect a problem may exist. The text of our Policy for Responsible Gaming is provided here as it is on our website.
Preventing Under Age Gambling
Betn1 provides a secure entertainment environment for adults. To play at Betn1 you must be at least 18 years old or of the legal age to gamble in the country in which you reside, whichever is older. We undertake a variety of checks to ensure that no person under legal age has access to our live gaming facilities. The registration of dishonest or inaccurate information about a player’s age will result in any winnings being forfeit and may result in civil and/or criminal prosecution.
In order to prevent the site being accessed by children or minors we recommend that responsible players install and use filtering software on their computers. This will provide the ability to control or block the displayed content, set up passwords and prevent Betn1 being accessed and available to children and minors.
Stay in Control
The vast majority of our customers continue to enjoy Betn1 as an entertainment experience and make sure that their wagers are within an affordable level.
Occasionally however, individuals may be worried about their gambling habits. For those who are concerned the following questionnaire from Gamcare may give some guidance:
- Have others ever criticized your gambling?
- Have you ever lied to cover up the amount you have gambled or time you have spent doing it?
- Do arguments, frustrations or disappointments make you want to gamble?
- Do you gamble alone for long periods?
- Do you stay away from work, college or school to gamble?
- Do you gamble to escape from a boring or unhappy life?
- Are you reluctant to spend ‘gambling money’ on anything else?
- Have you lost interest in your family, friends or pastimes due to gambling?
- After losing, do you feel you must try and win back your losses as soon as possible?
- When gambling and you run out of money, do you feel lost and in despair, and need to gamble again as soon as possible?
- Do you gamble until your last penny is gone?
- Have you lied, stolen or borrowed just to get money to gamble or to pay gambling debts?
- Do you feel depressed or even suicidal because of your gambling?
- These questions are provided to help an individual decide if he or she has a problem and needs to seek help.
There is Help Available
There are many organisations that can provide support and assistance to individuals who develop a problem with gambling. If you feel this has happened to you we recommend contacting a self-help organization for guidance.
The following websites offer advice and guidance. Each link contains help line numbers and an e-mail address that you may contact if you would like confidential advice and support:
- GAMCARE – www.gamcare.org.uk
- GAMBLERS ANONYMOUS – www.gamblersanonymous.org.uk– www.gamblersanonymous.org
- (National Council on Problem Gambling) – www.ncpgambling.org
Managing Your Budget
For players who enjoy gambling frequently, it is not uncommon to overspend their budget some of the time. We advise that specific budget plans be made to ensure your gambling expenditure is affordable.
A Protected Entertainment Experience
We hope that you enjoy the whole experience with Betn1. If at anytime you feel that there are issues that need to be brought to our attention please contact us at [email protected]